Thursday, July 28, 2011

DMBX- Mountain Biking -1.99 (randerline gmbh)

I don't know much about biking, but I've played multiple bike games on the App Store. It's hard to find that one biking game that gives you the ability to perform multiple tricks with simple controls and provides an overall great user experience. I believe that DMBX- Mountain Biking [$1.99(UNIVERSAL)] by randerline gmbh is that one game! I've never been able to find that one biking game that feels complete to me until this one popped up in the App Store. In this game you'll find 2 different modes, Quickplay and Career. In Quickplay your goal is to beat the given time limit to reach the finish line. Career Mode contains 10 different levels to play through. Each level has 3 different challenges to complete. The first challenge is Time. In the
time challenge your goal is to beat the given time limit to reach the finish line, just like the Quickplay mode. The second challenge is to collect the coins in the level. Collecting more and more coins allows you to acquire faster bikes and unlock brand new characters that have their own individual tricks and special abilities. The last challenge is the scoring. The more tricks performed here equals a bigger score. If you haven't played a Randerline game before then the controls might take a couple go-arounds to get use to. Your best bet is to NOT skip the tutorial in the beginning to learn all the basics in the game. Once you get the controls down the game will be a complete breeze. You'll have the time of your life soaring in the air doing tricks. I've only come across one
problem so far in the game. When I crashed the gameplay area turned completely black while the time clock still ran. All I had to do was restart the level. So far it hasn't happened to me again *knocks on wood*. I also feel that the game is missing two things that I would love to see implemented. A free play mode where you could freely ride and do tricks would be great and online multiplayer would be a beautiful addition. Overall this is a very well done game with captivating 3D environments and a great appeal to people of all ages. My final rating is 4 out of 5 stars. DMBX- Mountain Biking for $1.99 is a great price for a game with Universal support.

Trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment