Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Don't Die- 0.99

Don't Die! Don't you die on me! Alright, enough with that. Just had to get that out of my system. Don't Die [$0.99] is truly a super tough platformer. You play as Phil, a fat boy with a major candy obsession. The game has simple controls: slide your finger on the left side of the screen to guide Phil on his journey and tap on the right side of the screen to jump. I'm not a major fan of the controls, but they get the job done. The game comes with 49 levels at the moment. Lets just say that those levels are not a breeze at all. Each and every single level is extremely tough (well except for the first level). I'm pretty sure that I spent a good hour on just one level. The name of the game is Don't Die, but with these tough levels it is really hard not to.

As you can see from the screenshot on the right, this game gets pretty difficult (as I previously mentioned). Everything is pretty simply designed. I'm guessing this is so you don't pay attention to little details such as graphics and focus more on the mission on hand: to feed this little boy some candy! But during the levels I'd like to hear at least some type of background music to motivate me on my epic quest. It gets a bit annoying to constantly hear a jumping sound. Maybe also, when you get closer to one of the moving blades they could start to make a sound to warn you that you are about to approach them. That would be a big help, since if you die once you have to start the level all over again.

I'm actually very glad that this game is as tough as it is. If it were easy, then I'm pretty sure this game would be extremely boring. Since it's challenging you can easily get hooked on this game. If you just want try the game out before you buy it, you can download Don't Die Free [FREE]. If you love facing challenges then just go download Don't Die [$0.99] now! My final rating is 6.5/10. The game just needs some extra things to be perfect for me.

Don't Die comes with GameCenter and Open Feint support and is a universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment