Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Field- FREE

Happy Field [FREE/UNIVERSAL] makes me happy! :) The characters are extremely cute and it just brightens up your day a bit. But, I think Happy Field is one of those games that I think shouldn't be a universal app. It should have an iPhone version and a separate iPad version. Before I get into that, let me tell you what the game is about. Here's the back story quoted from the iTunes description: "This vibrant season, everyone at Happy Field are dancing away with joy and sharing happiness. Nigel, the bird, is happy to see all the flowers in a delightful mood and he too joins their celebration. Suddenly, terror strikes Happy Field. The celebration goes overboard and a cart wheel is let loose from a hill top. Nigel takes off to save them and he screams out aloud trying to warn the others, but that goes in vain. He boards the cart wheel and pushes every one out of its path. Help Nigel to complete the mission and save them from being crushed away." Now you have an understanding of the storyline. The game comes with 2 different modes, Practice and Survival. In
Practice mode you do exactly what the mode says: Practice. Survival mode challenges you to try to survive as long as possible, except since this game is free you can only play part of Survival mode until a IAP box pops up asking to remove the ads and unlock the full features for $0.99. The controls in the game are very simple. On the bottom right corner of the screen you get to steer Nigel on his mission to save his beloved flower friends. As mentioned earlier, the game is universal. So I decided to download it on both my iPod Touch 4th generation and iPad 2. I've noticed some major differences. This is why I'll review Happy Field separately as if they were separate apps. iPod/iPhone versionI'm gonna be completely honest, I didn't like Happy Field at all on my iPod. I liked the story of the game. But, the graphics looked pixelated a bit. The ad was kind of in the way at the bottom, though it didn't really bother me that much. The thing that bothered me the most was the control at the right. It made my thumb cramp at the end because it was so small. iPad version: I must say, that I loved the game on my iPad. The graphics looked so crisp on the big screen. The ad wasn't that noticeable to me, it just didn't get in the way. The control on the right was nice and big for my thumb. All of those things made the game a much more enjoyable experience on the iPad. Overall (measured as a whole across devices) my final rating is a 6/10. The game is pretty good. I don't see myself playing it for hours though, but definitely for a couple minutes to pass the time by. If you're going to play this on your iPad then you'll enjoy it. If you end up playing the game on your iPhone/iPod Touch then it'll take some time to get use to the feel of the game. But, you can try it for yourself since Happy Field is [FREE]. There will be a paid version of the game which will be coming in the next few weeks, so keep an eye out for that!

Happy Field [FREE] by Dumadu Games Pvt Ltd comes with GameCenter support and is a universal app
for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad.


0 comments:

Post a Comment